snakeeater on Go

Friday, June 16, 2006

Back from a long lull

It's been nearly half year since my last post! Yep I've been a lazy bum to do updates regularly. But I've not stopped studying Go! Since going on a regime of 3 L&D problems a day, my strength has grown notably ( though not in terms of KGS..), which makes me think there's no need to study anything else until perhaps you get to KGS dan level. I've also picked up a reasonable number of josekis by osmosis --- playing against other players and seeing the same moves made over and over again, or through reading discovered the proper follow up in a joseki. (The latter is rare but has happened a couple of times with simple josekis) Hopefully in a couple of more months I will gain a stone in strength and be ready for a real face-to-face tournament.

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 16, 09:44:00 PM PDT, Blogger Texas Ranger said…

    I agree, that's a great way to improve. How is your improvement?

     
  • At Sat Jun 17, 11:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger snakeeater said…

    I've probably gained one stone in real strength, though it is very difficult to reflect that on KGS which I believe makes it hard to advance in rank if you play regularly. You rank suffers as soon as you lose a few games, even if you have been winning consistently against the same ranked players in the recent past.

     
  • At Sat Jun 24, 03:24:00 PM PDT, Blogger ChiyoDad said…

    Welcome back, snakeeater, and congratulations!

    Yes, the auto-feedback of KGS can be a pain sometimes. We just need to learn to ignore it.

    Best Regards,
    - ChiyoDad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home