snakeeater on Go

Friday, December 16, 2005

Go Board Part Deux

Now that I've had a chance to play with the Go board, solve some problems, replay some games on it, I've noticed that it's really warped! On a level surface, you can actually rock the board slightly by pressing on its diagonal corners. So I took a ruler and measure the height of the board from the surface, well, indeed it's a couple of mm higher in the middle that from the sides. Under a good light I can actually see the curvature of the wood!

So I email the YMI guys and they were again very responsive! Told me to send the board back and they'll send a replacement at no shipping cost. Swell! Hopefully I'll get a good board thist time. So I have to give these guys an A+ for trying to do things right and I hope they do this time. Stay tuned for next week when I get my replacement board.

2 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 18, 08:46:00 PM PST, Blogger snakeeater said…

    Boy another good response from YMI, I told them I just found out that I am missing one black stone and they just email me that they've sent the extra stones on its way!
    That was quick! I had thought to suggest to them that they send the stone along with the replacement board to save shipping. They were too fast for me. :) Stay tuned for my replacement board, I will post pictures of it when it arrives.

     
  • At Mon Dec 19, 09:10:00 AM PST, Blogger ChiyoDad said…

    When your replacement arrives, inspect it carefully but also measure the thickness of the wood at each corner and edge. One edge of my board is 1mm thicker so a ruler placed across it does not lie perfectly flat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home